Why do labels printed on Dymo printers connected to Windows computers have text that is too large?
- Disconnect the Dymo printer.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Printers and Devices, then remove Dymo Printer.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Uninstall a program, then uninstall the Dymo label printing software.
- Restart computer.
- Reinstall our recommended Dymo label printing software version.
The recommended version can be downloaded from the link below (clicking on it should start the download without opening a new page.)
- When you reach the final installation step before "Finish" (it should say something like "connect the printer if this is an initial setup"), reconnect the printer then click the "Finish" button.
- Start the Dymo label printing software.
- In the taskbar, click on the Dymo label printing software icon and click on "Diagnose".
- It should open a web page that says something like: "Congrats! DLS Web Service is up and running"
- If you get a "site not secure" warning from your browser then just click the "Advanced" button and "Navigate to the site anyway".
- Login to Dendi and try printing the label and it should work.