Creating a Pooled Order is very similar to creating an individual order with a few key differences:
- Instead of selecting individual Patients on the Enter Order Information screen, you are asked to select a Patient Organization.
- You must select a Pool Size, which will determine the number of Individual Orders the LIS assigns to each Pooled Order.
- You cannot select medications or ask clinical questions while creating a Bulk Order batch.
- Only one sample type can be selected.
The rest of the steps - primarily around sample type, Test Profile, and Test selection - are the same as when you would create individual Orders. To learn more about individual Order creation, please refer to Dendi LIS Documentation - Order Creation.
Once the Pooled Order creation process is complete, three sets of Orders will be created:
- Bulk Pooled Order: This is the Order containing all of the Pooled Orders and all of the Individual Orders of the Patients in the Patient Organization. The Bulk Pooled Order cannot be result and merely exists to reference all of the information in one location.
- Pooled Orders: These Orders contain a number of Individual Orders no more than the selected Pool Size. The results of the Pooled Samples will be reflected on these Orders.
- Individual Orders: These are the same as Orders created individually, but with a status of “Pending Pool Results.” These orders cannot be resulted or edited until the Pooled Order results have been verified, at which point they will be unlocked and updated appropriately based on the results of the Pooled Order.