While Orders may be created through other means (EMR integrations or Dendi’s RESTful API suite), for most labs the primary method for Order creation comes through utilizing Dendi’s Orders: Create workflow.
The Order creation process can be utilized by both internal users (lab staff), as well as external users (Account Admins, Providers, and Collectors). While the majority of the steps for creating an Order are the same, there are some additional considerations for internal users.
For more information on internal versus external users, please refer to Dendi LIS Documentation - User Types.
Specific steps for creating Orders in Dendi LIS are documented in Dendi LIS Documentation - Order Creation. As this document is written in an external-facing fashion, please feel free to share it with your clients as necessary.
This section of the document will detail additional steps/functionality available to internal users and not external users. Currently, the differences are as follows:
- Specify Order Accession Status - Internal users are able to specify whether the created Order will be marked as received or unreceived upon creation.
- Select In-House Lab Locations - Internal users must designate at least one In-House Lab Location (IHLL). The selected IHLL(s) will influence which lab staff can view the created Order. For more information on In-House Lab Locations, please refer to Dendi LIS Documentation - User Types. An initial IHLL value will be pre-populated, but can be changed as necessary.
- If your Lab Location in the top right is set to a specific IHLL, that's what will be selected on the first page of the Create Orders workflow.
- If your Lab Location is set to All, the IHLL value selected is based on the last on-All Lab Location chosen in the top right.
- Enter Patient Insurance - New Payers created by internal users when entering in insurance information will automatically be set to Verified=True. For more information on managing Payers, please refer to Dendi LIS Documentation - Billing.
- Select Test Profiles & Tests - When creating Orders, internal users will be able to see internal Tests that are part of selected Test Profiles. For more information on internal Tests, please refer to Dendi LIS Documentation - Lab Menu.
- Add Samples - Internal users can create new Collectors on the fly from the ‘+ Collector’ button in the top right of the screen.
In addition to the extra steps/choices available for internal users when creating Orders, it is also important to note that Orders created by internal users will automatically be marked with a “Received” (“Pending Report”) status. This means Orders created by lab staff will not have to be accessioned.
Orders created by external users will be initialized with a status of “Unreceived”, and have to be accessioned and received by lab staff to further the workflow.
For more information on accessioning, please refer to Dendi LIS Documentation - Accessioning.
Please sign in to leave a comment.