Automatically receiving results from instruments is a big part of increasing a lab’s operational efficiency. To get started with integrating an instrument, please contact your Dendi account representative and provide the user operator manual as well as samples of results data output. Broadly speaking, there are two ways that instruments transmit results: data files or serial. Dendi will build parsing functions based on the sample data as well as work with you to set up calibrations for each instrument. Necessary steps for integration may vary a bit depending on instrument type.
- Required Control Sets
- Users can assign Control Sets that require a verified QC run before Patient data can be imported.
- Automatically Import Results
- False - data files will have to be imported by a user within the LIS
- True - data files, once dropped into their appropriate shared drive folders, will automatically have their results imported into the LIS
- After Data Import
- Do nothing - Does nothing
- Automatically verify results - After data import, orders with imported results will be verified and full/partial reports may be generated.
Instrument Test Mappings
In this section, users can map Instrument Test IDs to Test names in Dendi LIS to facilitate the automated importing of results. For each Test, you can choose whether to use the cutoff/range defined in the Test or set an instrument-specific cutoff value or range.