This section describes the workflow of importing data files from instruments. This workflow will save test results into the LIS. Laboratory administrators can set the LIS to require verification of imported results, or for the LIS to auto-verify and report.
There currently exist two methods for uploading results files into the LIS: Local Computer Folder and S3 Files Drop. If you are unsure of which method was used for particular instrument integration, please contact Dendi Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uploading Results Files: Local Computer Folder
- Get results file from an instrument (work with the Dendi team for instructions specific to your instrument)
- The file name is required to be under 32 characters
- Note: Please do not change the folder names without consulting the Dendi Team
Uploading Results Files: S3 File Drop
- Navigate to Instruments → Instruments and find the specific instrument for which you are uploading a file
- Under the “S3 Files Drop” section, click the “Choose File” button, select the file containing results, and hit “Upload”
Importing Results from Uploaded Files into LIS
Regardless of the method used to get file results into the LIS, once completed you will then log into the LIS and perform the following steps to import results from your uploaded files.
Note: if Automatically Import Results is set to True for a given instrument, the following steps are not needed as results from uploaded files will automatically be imported.
- Log in to Dendi LIS
- Navigate to Instruments → Data Files
3. Click the “Import File Results” icon for the data for the appropriate data file row
4. Review parsed results file. Click the ‘Import’ button to save results to the database
Note: Imported Test results will overwrite existing non-verified results. This means that you can simply import the second round of results for a given group of Samples if you realize there were issues with the previous run. You simply need to import again after making the necessary corrections; no manual results entry is necessary. Results that have already been verified will not be overwritten.
Archiving Data Files
To archive a specific data file, click on the “Import File Results” button, then the red trash can icon. Please note that archiving a data file only removes it from being displayed in the list of files on the Data Files page. Archived files are still stored within Dendi.